worth a thousand words: pictures we love

worth a thousand words: pictures we love
higgins family ready for THE BOSS

06 August 2008

30.

i did it. i took the plunge. i went for yoga and ended up talking to a guy whom i gave no less than 6 high fives and somehow, in the midst of it all, i became a wowszer... or, in layman's terms, a paying member of work out world. yikes.

i took my first class with jessica this morning and, honestly, i LOVED it. we took the centergy class which combines yoga, pilates and tai chi. i'll admit to being somewhat concerned that the teacher would bust out some madonna type yoga moves but it was all very familiar and i felt right at home. the music was a little queer (jess has referenced the 'nights in white satin' horror) but the teacher was good, the room was hot and i totally got my sweat on. i'm hooked. well, maybe that's a bit strong, but i did throughly enjoy it and look forward to doing more.

when i listed "take a yoga class" on my 34 things list i had a yoga studio in mind but since one session at a yoga studio costs more than one month as a wowszer (high five!) then this completes #30. namaste.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job betsy! what a great activity to get into!

me, dummy said...

virtual high five to you (six high fives, by the way, is too hilarious for words) for going for it. i LOVE yoga so i'm stoked vicariously. it really will get you into killer shape, too. rock on - knock another one off your list.

The Giorgios said...

Honestly, isn't Jay too much with all high fives? I did not know what to make of it the first time I went in, but he's so sweet, the high fives are infectiously welcome half way in...they had me giggling like a school girl...ridiculous.

I LOVE it too (except Nights in White Satin...freakin' shoot me) and couldn't be happier to have you as my motivator! This will be fun. Namaste.

Rita Jr. said...

Fantastic! I love yoga...glad you enjoyed it and i hope you stay hooked!

terrye wilkes said...

What fun!! If we had a yoga class in Lamesa, I would be the first to sign up. Good for you.

denise, the honey crew said...

great great great!!!! so happy and so glad you felt at home!

i am a paying member of a gym....i can say no more than just that.

(high five!)

Ditty said...

Good job!!! I've never tried a yoga class but that sounds like a good workout with the pilates and tai chi(sorry if that's spelled wrong). I always think if I don't sweat off about 10 lbs. during the class it's not worth it but that would be a workout. Next time I see you you'll look all toned and fit!!!!

lil' sahmy's mommy said...

Good for you!! I took pilates and yoga classes for a couple of years BT (Before Teagan) and LOVED it!! I've tried to get back into it, but the nearby classes just aren't suiting the current work/life I'm living. I'm so happy for you (and a tad bit jealous :)

picture of the day

picture of the day
merry christmas & happy new year! we'll be back in 2009!