to the person who voted "i have no idea what we are talking about" in my recent olympic poll...IDENTIFY YOURSELF (please) and explain why you will not be glued to the olympics. i am perplexed.
worth a thousand words: pictures we love
higgins family ready for THE BOSS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
picture of the day
merry christmas & happy new year! we'll be back in 2009!
24 comments:
it wasn't me....
women's gymnastics is my favorite, specifically the floor!
Not i, said the fly....i'll be tuning in. although i DO have to admit i didn't know the start date...08.08.08 is very cool.
d - if you like gymnastics, you might like a movie i saw recently. it's sort of a rated-G spritual bent flick, but i really liked it. it's probably considered new age. it's called Peaceful Warrior, based on a book called Way of the Peaceful Warrior. it's a true story of one man's awakening. you see, sting recommended it on the cover of the DVD.."it will change your life" he said, or something to that effect. i was sold. it was sting after all. but i came to like and appreciate the movie. give it a try some day.
meanwhile....can't wait for the games to begin!
i like the diving and the gymnastics, men and women. not so crazy about the running events (zzzzz) beyond checking out the dudes in their tight duds (i'm a perv). i'm just disappointed that yet another olympics is passing without your participation. is it too late to try out for javelin? or maybe high jump?
Your baby Wil is such a "ham". I've never seen him not smile unless he is "gagging himself with a spoon" I know you all had fun and still having fun with Pip and Pop.
rita - thanks for the rec! i'm adding it to my netflix now!
Go figure, my wife is an Olympic Nazi!!!!
If the fact that I dropped everything, every night last week to watch the swimming and diving trials is any indication...I am an Olympic geek...big time!! I tape water polo matches at 3am so I can watch them! We have had an opening ceremonies party for every Olympics since 1994! (That would be Lillehammer Winter!) It was college, so it was mostly just Norweigian vodka on the menu...Athens last time was a little more upscale, greek salad, grilled chicken, ouzo...guess I need to start planning! :)
Alright, I voted that I didn't know what was happening. Obviously I do. I was being "cheeky". I thought there was more then one vote in that way however. Was I really the only one? Will you ban me from voting in the future? I promise to vote honestly next time.
ps. Love Wil's big belly and, yes, Kyle is a winner! Can't wait for "the crew" the meet him.
JESSICA!?!?! YOU are the one who voted about 8.8.08! oh my! i think i can go ahead and say i love all the events. it's the olympics! jess, thanks for saying kyle is a winner. i definately thinks he takes the gold! : D
LOVE YOU!
have to admit, i was thinking i didnt know what you were talking about but didnt write it!! but track and field definately a winner for me.
i'd just like to comment that the three people in the pic of the day look three of the happiest people!
Can I grab this venue and ask how people feel about the Olympics being held in China and that President Bush will be attending the opening ceremony. I'm torn and need some thoughtful guidance in formulating an opinion...or maybe I'll just stay torn.
jess. jess. jess. i am stunned. no, i do not ban you from voting (although i considered it...) i am banning you from the olympic games from this point forward. you are not to watch...or cheer...or cry at all the olympic moment stories told by bob costas.
emily. emily. emily. i think it's too late for javelin but speed walking is a real possibility.
thanks for the comment about being happy rita! you are EXACTLY right. i am very happy and it feels great!
great pic of the day, i'm in total agreence(is that spelled right) about kyle, he is a winner. good catch lou.
as for the olympics, i'm an olympic junkie. like heather said i have been glued to the tv for the trials and i almost want to take vacation so i can watch it 24/7. i'm mostly excited about swimming and field hockey, there is a girl i know that made the field hockey team, she is from my home town and is one of my good friends cousins. its so exciting for her. so unlike jessica i can hardly wait for 8.8.08.
jess - i love you but i cannot become involved in the politics of holding the olympics in bejing. maybe that is short-sighted of me, perhaps it is just plain ignorant, but for this event i think i'll watch with my blinders on and try to live the spirit of the olympic games - the one event in the world that can unite countries that are at war, join communities around the globe and put the whole world on a neutral ground for just two short weeks. i know that you probably have a ton to say about it and that everything in your mind is valid but i think i'll pass on this political debate and just enjoy the games for what they are. there is so little of that lately - it seems that everything becomes political - and i think i'll embrace this as one of the things that doesn't mean something else. (even though i realize that by saying that that i am opening a can of worms, sound ignorant and naive and am being extremely idealistic....but the games bring that out in me and, honestly, i think that's okay)
Betsy-You're more politically savvy than you think, because what you said here IS a political position and a good one too. This is more towards how I feel about the Olymics and prefer that the far liberal left (seeking to save Tibet and establish stronger human rights in China) just try and sit back enjoy the dreams of these Olympians come to fruition rather than mare it with guilt. But then I think, am I being irresponsible in this thinking? Should I care more than that? That's where I find myself torn. Thanks for validating what I was thinking!
And, to clear my cheeky-ness, yes, I love the Olymics and gymnastics is also my favorite. I used to compete, but now I cannot even touch my toes.
I'm beginning to think I dreamed the whole Higgins Hoopla.
jess- i thought YOU were going to post about the weekend. your camera has all the picture's on it, and you asked kyle all the questions. post baby post!!!
oh this is going to be a good one when it happens, i just know it!
awesome pic of the generations of men!
i have no had time to post the higgins hoopla!!! i'll get there.
Post a Comment