worth a thousand words: pictures we love

worth a thousand words: pictures we love
higgins family ready for THE BOSS

29 May 2008

welcome home lucy!

we brought lucy home yesterday and our house feels whole again. the surgeons were thrilled with the outcome of her operation and were glad to send her home a day early. she looks a lot different than she did when we saw her on monday - brighter eyed, less pain, tail wagging again. she hates her cone but will have to wear it until her bandage comes off because the nurses caught her trying to remove the bandage herself. oops. she walks well despite the cast and we were assured that she would experience a full recovery in about 8 weeks.

thanks for all the well wishes! we are so happy that she's home!

10 comments:

Rita Jr. said...

Speedy recovery, Lucy! Can I get a woof, woof?

KM said...

Thanks for the update. We've been inundating your mom with details on how she's doing and how the surgery went.

km

me, dummy said...

i'm so GLAD she's back and home and whole. her cast is very feminine and fashionable...pink, is all the rage this spring, you know. the cone...well, we'll give her a pass on that one.

me, dummy said...

oh i almost FORGOT to rag about the photog. i will admit that i have an embarrassing number of pics featuring that scarf blouse thing. i loved it, you know, much as i loved my prom hair.

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad she is home and can rest with her loving family. Excited she will make a full recovery,I LOVE the pink cast. I will make sure I tell Hank how she is doing, as every time he goes outside he is smelling the spot where Lucy was laying after the incident. He will be thrilled to hear the good news.
Lots of hugs and kisses to my Lu girl.

xoxo.....aunt t.

Gourley-Thompson's said...

We were glad to see Lucy thumping her tail under her blanket on our arrival-made us feel like she will be just fine. She's not the type of dog to let something like a horse and buggy or a pink cast slow her down. Geordie on the other hand is very concerned with the fact that he hasn't seen her and I think is worried she has started dating Hank exclusively!

The Giorgios said...

That is the most pathetic looking photo. I laughed, but I know I shouldn't have. We are so happy for you guys that she is home and will recover. We know what she means to you...and Tristan. She was his first open mouth kiss, you know. Nobody forgets their first.

Can we sign her cast?

the higgins family said...

ryan & i really wish that signing her cast was an option but, unfortunately, it's soft so signing it won't work. maybe we'll give it a go anyway.

Anonymous said...

I bet she cannot wait to chase the ball again!!

Anonymous said...

get well soon lucy!

i wish i was a creative with my comments like rita. she's always rockin' the funny comments!

picture of the day

picture of the day
merry christmas & happy new year! we'll be back in 2009!