worth a thousand words: pictures we love

worth a thousand words: pictures we love
higgins family ready for THE BOSS

18 May 2008

let's go to the movies


if you haven't seen lars and the real girl you should run, not walk, to your video store and rent this movie. with the exception of juno, it has been a long time since i've seen a movie this creative and this warm. i don't really know how to review a movie but i will simply say that lars and the real girl is a beautiful movie. it touched me without being sappy and it was sweet without being sticky. it's a unique story, great writing and a great cast that delivers a big punch.
(ryan loved it too!)

oh...and ryan gosling should've definitely won the oscar. he was phenomenal.

ebert says it best. for the real review (using words i wish i had found in my head) read this.

6 comments:

govenor said...

im telling you, you should start a new career as a writer of some description. a reviewer or critci. your way with words mate is amazing, makes me want to read to more and reading aint my forte!!!! serious, you make it bearable!!!

denise, the honey crew said...

okay i can't wait to watch this! adding it to my netflix queue to arrive next!

love the home sweet home pic!

terrye wilkes said...

SD and I saw this movie when we spent the weekend in Dallas for my b-day. We didn't have much hope for it, I mean, a guy that falls in love with a mail order blow up doll?!? But we liked it! Great rental.

Anonymous said...

Terry, she was not blow up...Bianca was silicon and weighed 120lbs! Blow up dall...how dare YOU!

Yeah D, it's worth seeing.

The Giorgios said...

I've never even heard of it. What rock have I been hiding under? I'll put it on my list of movies to see.

Rita Jr. said...

I've seen it in Blockbuster - picked it up, put it down, picked it up, put it down...feeling much like your Mom - how good can it be? But I LOVE ryan gosseling..thanks for the review - now i'll pick it up and stick with it!

R

picture of the day

picture of the day
merry christmas & happy new year! we'll be back in 2009!