worth a thousand words: pictures we love

worth a thousand words: pictures we love
higgins family ready for THE BOSS

23 April 2008

world book day

wil puts his nose in a book

today is world book day. i feel strongly about reading and love to share my love of books.

take time today to read a book, read to your child, read a cereal box....just READ! after all, reading is fundamental and can take you places you've never dreamed of going.
a serious reader

4 comments:

denise, the honey crew said...

thanks for this. we just read sofia's current favorite "pinkalicious" (shocker!) before leaving for school.

The Giorgios said...

What the hell is that on your head in todays picture of the day? Hilarious!

Today I read your and Denise's blogs. That's about all that will happen in reading today. Well, maybe Ryan and I will finish the Spiderwick series. Okay, I'm better off than I thought.

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!! I know the pic of the day is an old pic, looks like your apt. in boston???? But what in the world is on your head?

As for reading I will read alittle today, as I wish I could stay awake when I read, but as soon as I start to read, I instantly get sleepy. So I don't read as often as I would like but I do fight through it and get my reading in .

Rita Jr. said...

I think I recall in a bookstore or two observing you taking to books much like your son here: picking up a book, sniffing, tasting, BREATHING in the words first - then intently reading it. Yep, apple doesn't fall too far from the tree : )

picture of the day

picture of the day
merry christmas & happy new year! we'll be back in 2009!