worth a thousand words: pictures we love

worth a thousand words: pictures we love
higgins family ready for THE BOSS

12 April 2008

sock it to me

wil has been slowly developing his laugh for about a month now. there are moments when he'll just burst out with a belly laugh for apparently no reason at all. much to my delight his laugh resembles ryan's and if you know how ryan laughs you'll find it delightful too!

yesterday while i was folding laundry wil began showing an intense interest in the socks. i let him play with a pair while i continued folding. after i was done i began "tossing" the socks to him - basically rolling them up his legs - while he tried to "catch" them. at one point i tossed a little too hard and the socks bounced off his head. what transpired was a moment of complete abandon and utter bliss. i was able to capture it (again and again) in this short video. it was a joyful moment and one of the best i've had as a parent. laughter truly is the best medicine.


10 comments:

terrye wilkes said...

This inspires feelings beyond words. Thank you Thank you Thank you

Anonymous said...

I love how Wil "rolls"! His laugh is wonderful.

Rita Jr. said...

That is classic! So blasted cute...

GO SOX!

Anonymous said...

kyle says...he's headed for the big leagues! get that boy a baseball and glove.

denise, the honey crew said...

that is priceless!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Priceless. Thank you so much. I needed a laugh today.

The Giorgios said...

Beautiful! I feel your joy, Mama!

Anonymous said...

I am loving your blog. Keep up the good work. I loved the video. I feel like I'm already going to know Wil when he finally gets to Texas.

KM said...

LOVED THAT. I've watched it twice. I'm going to bookmark it for a bad day. Nothing in this world is better medicine than a baby's belly laugh.

Thanks!

me, dummy said...

i remember laughing like that with henry for the first time and you're right - nothing like it. thank you for putting that on - now i feel like i've finally met him. and he's AWESOME.

picture of the day

picture of the day
merry christmas & happy new year! we'll be back in 2009!